By Richard Gray
- The such a lot finished and up to date heritage of yank literature to be had today
- Covers fiction, poetry, drama, and non-fiction, in addition to other kinds of literature together with folktale, spirituals, the detective tale, the mystery, and technological know-how fiction
- Explores the plural personality of yank literature, together with the contributions made through African American, local American, Hispanic and Asian American writers
- Considers how our knowing of yank literature has replaced over the past?thirty years
- Situates American literature within the contexts of yankee heritage, politics and society
- Offers a useful advent to American literature for college students in any respect degrees, educational and common readers
Read Online or Download A History of American Literature PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory books
This e-book describes conflicts of a tender Mexican lady being oppressed by way of the church, the country and her personal family.
This e-book strains a provocative line from Emerson's paintings on race, reform, and identification to paintings via 3 influential African- American thinkers--W. E. B. Du Bois, Martin Luther King Jr. , and Cornel West--each of whom bargains refined engagement with either the culture of written protest and the critique of liberalism Emerson formed.
What can we find out about the ladies who performed an very important function in developing the literature of the Beat new release? till lately, little or no. experiences of the move have effaced or excluded ladies writers, equivalent to Elise Cowen, Joyce Johnson, Joanne Kyger, Hettie Jones, and Diane Di Prima, each an important determine of the postwar Beat groups.
Selection notable educational name 2014Literature after Globalization bargains an in depth research of contemporary literary and theoretical responses to know-how, globalization, and nationwide id. concentrating on texts of the the Nineteen Nineties and 2000s, relatively novels and different writing by means of Mark Danielewski, Hari Kunzru, Indra Sinha, and Neal Stephenson, it charts a departure from narratives of globalization which claim the cave in of nationwide cultures, and it considers how nationwide sovereignty has been reinvented and reasserted within the face of technology's transnational results.
- Is He a Monster? - Caliban in William Shakespeare's 'The Tempest'
- Henry James as a Biographer: A Self Among Others (Studies in Major Literary Authors)
- Disaster Drawn: Visual Witness, Comics, and Documentary Form
- Suburgatory: Life Trapped Among The Manicured Moms, Barely There Dads, And Nightmare Neighbors
- Early Religious Poetry of Persia
- Imitate Anacreon! (Millennium-Studien / Millennium Studies)
Additional resources for A History of American Literature
A History of American Literature by Richard Gray